Den Number 4 – Third Grade
Den Leader: Chana Barak
Summary: As scouts complete adventures, they will be presented with adventure loops at the next pack meeting or an upcoming den meeting.
WELCOME TO BEARS!
Third graders work toward the Bear rank. The Bear rank is earned by completing seven adventures as described below.
1. Complete each of the six required adventures:
- Baloo the Builder
- Bear Claws
- Bear Necessities
- Fellowship and Duty to God
- Fur, Feathers, and Ferns
- Paws for Action (Duty to Country)
2. In addition to the six required adventures, complete at least one elective adventure of your den’s or family’s choosing.
3. With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, complete the exercises in the pamphlet entitled How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide.
4. Earn the Cyber Chip award for your age. (The Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian if you do not have access to the internet.) OR Earn the Protect Yourself Rules Adventure for Bear.
In Pack 1818, Bear Cubs should attend Hike Club, Den Meetings, and Pack Meetings. Everything they need to do to earn their rank and some elective badges will be done at these three events each month. Check out our Pack Schedule for these dates.