Den Number 4 – Fourth Grade
Den Leader: Open
Our Goals: Webelos is a program for 4th grade boys to prepare to join a Boy Scout troop while learning outdoor skills and participating in 20 different activity badges. A well-run group of Webelos is a gradual change from being an ‘adult-run’ den to being a ‘boy-run’ patrol ready to fit right into an adventurous scouting troop.
Summary: The Webelos program has two major milestones – the Webelos rank badge to be earned at the 4th grade level and the Arrow of Light to be earned at the 5th grade. The final part of Webelos is bridging over into a Boy Scout troop selected individually by the scout.
WELCOME TO WEBELOS!
Fourth graders work toward the Webelos rank. The Webelos rank is earned by completing six adventures as described below. Scouts who are in Cub Scouts in fourth grade must complete the Webelos rank before working towards their Arrow of Light.
1. Be an active member of your Webelos den for three months.
2. Complete each of the five required adventures:
3. In addition to the five required adventures, complete at least one elective adventure of your den’s or family’s choosing.
4. With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, complete the exercises in the pamphlet entitled How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide.
5. Earn the Cyber Chip award for your age. (The Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian if you do not have access to the internet.) OR Earn the Protect Yourself Rules Adventure for Webelos.